2021 ASHRAE Annual Conference
The 2021 Annual Conference originally scheduled to be held June 26-30, 2021 in Phoenix, AZ is now going to be held online in a virtual format. The conference will include a mixture of live and on-demand technical and interactive sessions that will take place Monday, June 28-30, 2021.
The 2021 Virtual Annual Conference will begin on Monday, June 28 at 12:00 PM EDT, and will end on Wednesday, June 30 at 6:00 PM. On-demand seminars and conference papers will be made available at the start of the conference, and the live portion will contain a mix of standalone and concurrent sessions, similar to the schedule of the 2021 Virtual Winter Conference.
"Our world has experienced fundamental change in the wake of the global COVID-19 pandemic. The HVAC community continues to respond addressing challenges in how we design, build, and operate buildings. We continue to evolve, adapt, and innovate, confronting these challenges head on. The 2021 Virtual Annual conference will focus on critical environments, hot climates, and future proofing. The technical program, including the research summit and professional development, fosters sharing of knowledge to allow us all to serve our communities and solve society’s greatest challenges." - Christine Reinders, 2021 Conference Chair.
The 2021 ASHRAE Annual Conference technical program is comprised of seven tracks, selected to represent areas of focus common among ASHRAE membership.
- Fundamentals and Applications (Track Chair: Sonya Pouncy)
- HVAC&R Systems and Equipment (Track Chair: Rupesh Iyengar)
- Research Summit (Track Chair: Kristen Cetin)
- Professional Development (Track Chair: Marites Calad)
- Design, Control, and Operation of Critical Environments (Track Chair: Raul Simonetti)
- HVAC&R for Indoor Plans & Animals (Track Chair: Ryan MacGillvray)
- Future Proofing - Renewable, Regenerative, and Resilient (Track Chair: Andy Cochrane)
Interactive Technical Panels and Forums
All Technical Panels and Forums will be presented via Zoom. Featured topics include:
- The Efforts of ASHRAE Chapters to Help Reduce Risks of COVID-19 Transmissions
- Importance of Achieving Verified Net Zero Goals
- Lessons Learned from Adapting BAS to Meet Changing Requirements
- What Indoor Farmers Need and Want from their HVAC System
- Controlled Environment Agriculture and the Future of Secure and Sustainable Food Production
- Post Pandemic Resiliency Measures for Transportation Facilities
- Is there a Magic Formula for Combining Multiple Air Cleaning Technologies to Improve Air Quality?
The cost to attend the virtual conference is $285 for ASHRAE members and $505 for non-members (which includes a one-year membership). Student rates and company packages are also available. Registration includes:
- More than 50 sessions presented live, including sessions scheduled for live participation from attendees in different time zones across the globe.
- Sessions addressing the latest information relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as eight other tracks.
- Meeting of the Members providing updates from Society leaders and 2021–2022 ASHRAE President Mick Schwedler’s Society Address.
- Live 60-minute forum and panel sessions with interactive participation.
- Opportunities to interact with fellow attendees in 30-minute round table discussions and social meet ups throughout the conference.
- Recognition of award recipients of ASHRAE’s most prestigious Society awards.
- Downloads of conference proceedings. Includes technical papers, conference papers and extended abstracts.
- Access to the Research Summit which includes more than ten, 60-minute Conference Paper Sessions presented in PechaKucha-style, with live Q&As with paper authors.
- All live sessions will be recorded and available on-demand until December 30, 2022.
- Over 80 additional on-demand sessions accessible on your terms for 18 months.
ASHRAE's technical program will be accepted for many jurisdictions' continuing education requirements and most sessions are approved for LEED AP credits and AIA learning units. Professional development hours will be available for most sessions by passing a short quiz at the end of each eligible session.
To register and to learn more about the 2021 ASHRAE Virtual Conference, visit ashrae.org/conferences/2021-annual-conference.
Interactive Meeting of the Minnesota Sections with ASHRAE President Chuck Gulledge
Installation of Officers and Presidential Visit
Brookview Golf Course and Lawn Bowling
316 Brookview Pkwy S
Golden Valley, MN 55426
Determining Climate Vulnerabilities at Building Sites - Discussing the MN B3 Site Resilience Tool
2021 MNASHRAE Golf Outing
Majestic Oaks Golf Club
701 Bunker Lake Boulevard Northeast
Ham Lake, MN 55304-6799
2021 ASHRAE Annual Conference
ASHRAE's 2021 Annual Conference will be held virtually this year.